Applications and supporting documentation are submitted through our online application. Please review the information below, to prepare the required documents or information for the application process. All documents must be uploaded into the online application system.
A complete application must include:
- Online Application Form (early childhood or kindergarten to grade 12)
- Application Fee of US $500 (Tuition and Fees Payment Schedule)
- Copy of Passport
- School Records in English, from previous two full years of schooling. Including report cards/transcripts, standardized test results (e.g., MAP, ISA), Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) or program modification reports, and the results of all psychological or behavioral testing, standardized educational testing, or speech and language testing. Early childhood and kindergarten students with no previous school records may upload an example of their artwork.
- Medical History and Immunization Form - to be completed from the parent records
- Confidential Student Reference: online form completed by the classroom teacher (for kindergarten to grade 6) or administrator (for grade 6-12) at previous school and submitted directly to ICS. You will need the referee's email address available during the online application process, to send the online form to the referee.
- Math Placement Recommendation (grades 8-12): online form completed by student's current math teacher, if the student is applying to grades 8 through 12. You will need the teacher's email address available during the online application process, to send the online form to the teacher.
- World Language Placement Recommendation (grades 6-12): online form completed by student's current world language teacher, if the student has been studying French or Spanish for at least one year and wishes to continue studying the language. You will need the teacher's email address available during the online application process, to send the online form to the teacher.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Program Form (grades 11-12): online form to submit preliminary IBDP course choices for students applying to grades 11 and 12.
- Applicants who are Ethiopian passport holders must provide a copy of their passport or city resident ID and an approval letter from the Ministry of Education.
- The application fee is payable by USD cash, USD check or wire transfer. See Tuition and Fees Payment Schedule for further details. If an applicant does not enroll at ICS for any reason, US$250 can be refunded, in birr or US dollar check only.
- Families who are ICS staff, selected scholarship students or US Embassy may select the "cash" option during the "Review Application" step of the application; the Admissions Office will confirm your status and waive the payment required after your application is submitted.