Applications and supporting documentation are submitted through our online application. Please review the information below, to prepare the required documents or information for the application process. You must complete the online application form first, to access the remainder of the checklist requirements. All documents must be uploaded into the online application system. If possible, please limit the size of each file to 2 MB or less, due to slow download speeds in Addis. Google Chrome is the recommended browser; Firefox and Safari also work well.
A complete application must include:
- Online Application Form (early childhood or kindergarten to grade 12)
- Parent Agreement
- Application Fee of US $300 (Tuition and Fees Payment Schedule): non-refundable and applicable for one year only, from date of payment
- Copy of Passport
- School Records in English, from previous two full years of schooling. Including report cards/transcripts, standardized test results (e.g., MAP, ISA), Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) or program modification reports, and the results of all psychological or behavioral testing, standardized educational testing, or speech and language testing. Early childhood and kindergarten students with no previous school records may upload an example of their artwork.
- Medical History Form - to be completed from the parent records
- Immunization Form - form can be completed or an electronic copy of immunization records can be uploaded. If immunizations for Ethiopia are in process, this may be completed later in the application process.
- Confidential Student Reference: online form completed by the classroom teacher (for kindergarten to grade 6) or administrator (for grade 6-12) at previous school and submitted directly to ICS. You will need the referee's email address available during the online application process, to send the online form to the referee.
- Math Placement Recommendation (grades 8-12): online form completed by student's current math teacher, if the student is applying to grades 8 through 12. You will need the teacher's email address available during the online application process, to send the online form to the teacher.
- World Language Placement Recommendation (grades 6-12): online form completed by student's current world language teacher, if the student has been studying French or Spanish for at least one year and wishes to continue studying the language. You will need the teacher's email address available during the online application process, to send the online form to the teacher.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Program Form (grades 11-12): online form to submit preliminary IBDP course choices for students applying to grades 11 and 12.
- Applicants who are Ethiopian passport holders must provide a copy of their passport or city resident ID and an approval letter from the Ministry of Education.
- The non-refundable application fee is payable by USD cash, USD check or wire transfer. See Tuition and Fees Payment Schedule for further details.
- Families who are ICS staff, selected scholarship students or US Embassy may select the "cash" option during the "Review Application" step of the application; the Admissions Office will confirm your status and waive the payment required after your application is submitted.