ICS Addis Admissions
We are currently accepting applications for the 2016-17 school year. Some grade levels are full for the next school year, including the early childhood classes. Places in other grade levels are limited. Please review our Admissions Policy for more information on wait list placement and email the Admissions Office for up-to-date information on space availability.
We encourage prospective families to learn about ICS Addis by reviewing our website, setting up an appointment to visit the school campus, if possible, and communicating any questions to the Admissions Office. We can also connect you with a current ICS family if you are interested in obtaining a parent perspective on ICS Addis.
Like other private schools, we require information that helps us determine whether there is a good match between our program of instruction and the applicant’s educational needs. We want to ensure that your child’s entrance to our school will be relatively simple and straightforward.
Applications to ICS Addis are considered based on our Admissions Policy. Before applying, please review the information on grade placement and student support services, including learning support and English as an Additional Language services.Step 1
Applications and supporting documentation are submitted through our online application. Please review the application requirements here.
To start your online application, register your parent account here.
After completing the application form, if you wish to apply for another child, you may do so from the dashboard for the first applicant. Below the ICS logo in the upper right hand side of the screen, there is a link: "Click here if you have more children applying".
The Admissions Committee reviews the applicant’s file. An admissions decision is issued, or further information is requested, including any necessary assessments.Step 3
If an applicant is accepted, the Admissions Office will notify the family of the decision and of space availability. Students accepted and allocated spaces will receive an Enrollment Agreement. The Enrollment Agreement must be completed to confirm acceptance of the space. Additional requirements may be added to the applicant checklist as needed.
Students on the wait list or in the wait pool will be informed. Wait pool information for students transferring from other schools in Addis is available here.Step 4
Before starting school:
- Submit official copies of the student's final school records, if applicable. Incoming grade 10 to 12 students must submit complete official transcripts from their previous school.
- Submit the emergency contact form.
- Confirm arrival and school start dates with Admissions Office and receive orientation materials.
- MS/HS students will schedule classes as needed.
- Students entering the IB Diploma Program in the middle of grade 11 or in grade 12 should refer to IB Diploma Transfer Students for further documentation requirements.
- Payment of the capital levy may be required to reserve a space for students arriving more than one month from the date of acceptance.