Applications and supporting documentation are submitted through OpenApply, our online application system. We are accepting applications for the 2018-19 school year from international applicants; please contact us for information on space availability. Applications for the 2019-20 school year will open on 1 November 2018.
For Current ICS Addis Families
Parents with children already attending ICS who have not applied through OpenApply in the past must click the "Forgot Password" link to gain access their accounts, which already exist from the re-enrollment process in April 2017. Contact the Admissions Office if you have any questions.
Applying for Siblings
Applications for siblings are submitted from the same parent account, by clicking on "Add New Applicant" from the Dashboard. Click here for further information.
Application Process and Requirements
Step 2: Complete the application form (includes uploading an applicant photo).
Step 3: After completing the application form, click on your child's name to access the Applicant Checklist for the following requirements:
- Passport copy
- School Records in English, from previous two full years of schooling. May be uploaded or emailed directly to us by the previous school. Includes report cards/transcripts, standardized test results (e.g., MAP, ISA), Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) or program modification reports, and the results of all psychological or behavioral testing, standardized educational testing, or speech and language testing. Early childhood and kindergarten students with no previous school records may upload an example of their artwork.
- Medical Report: to be completed by a licensed medical provider (form available for download on the Applicant Checklist)
- Application Fee of US $300 (Tuition and Fees Payment Schedule): non-refundable and applicable for one year only, from date of payment
- Confidential Reference: online form completed by the classroom teacher (for kindergarten to grade 6) or administrator (for grade 6-12) at previous school and submitted directly to ICS. You will need the referee's email address available during the online application process, to send the online form to the referee.
- Math Placement Recommendation (grades 8-12): online form completed by student's current math teacher, if the student is applying to grades 8 through 12. You will need the teacher's email address available during the online application process, to send the online form to the teacher.
- World Language Placement Recommendation (grades 6-12): online form completed by student's current world language teacher, if the student has been studying French or Spanish for at least one year and wishes to continue studying the language. You will need the teacher's email address available during the online application process, to send the online form to the teacher.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Program Form (grades 11-12): online form to submit preliminary IBDP course choices for students applying to grades 11 and 12.
Step 4: After all requirements on the Applicant Checklist are received, the Admissions Committee will review your child's application and provide an admissions decision, or request further information.
- Applicants who are Ethiopian passport holders must provide a copy of their passport or birth certificate and a permission letter from the Ministry of Education.
- The non-refundable application fee is payable by USD cash, USD check or wire transfer. See Tuition and Fees Payment Schedule for further details. All tuition and fees payments must be made in USD.
- Applicants to kindergarten to grade 12 who are already attending another school in Ethiopia are considered transfer applicants. Please note the transfer applicant policy and deadlines. The transfer deadline for the 2018-19 school year has passed.
- Families who are ICS staff, selected scholarship students or US Embassy may select the "cash" option during the "Review Application" step of the application; the Admissions Office will confirm your status and waive the payment required after your application is submitted.
Please limit the size of each uploaded file to 2 MB or less, due to slow download speeds in Addis.
Payment of the capital levy may be required to reserve a space for students arriving more than one month from the date of acceptance.
Students on the wait list or in the wait pool will be informed. Wait pool information for students transferring from other schools in Addis is available here.
Early Childhood Program InformationThe early childhood program at ICS Addis provides young children with a play-based preschool program based on standards reflecting international best practices. For early childhood 2 (EC2), students must be two years old on or before 31 August to join. Toilet training is not required. Children entering the early childhood 3 (EC3) program must be three years old on or before 31 August; children in the early childhood 4 (EC4) program must be four years old on or before 31 August. All children in EC3 and EC4 must be toilet trained. Early childhood is a half-day program, from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM, and is located on the Little Eagles Nest campus. Limited spaces are available in the Little Eagles Camp, an extended day program, for an additional fee; parents may register for the camp after acceptance to ICS. Please contact us to inquire about space availability.
Please contact us by email or phone with any questions. You can also access Help and Support for Parent Accounts for OpenApply here.
ICS Addis Admissions Office ContactsMs. Jessica Fortin, Admissions Director: Admissions for kindergarten to grade 12
Mrs. Meheret Alemu, Admissions Associate: Admissions for early childhood
Mr. Berhanu Sissay, Admissions Assistant: Admissions Office support
Phone: (+251) 11-371-1544